Wangaratta Multicultural Directory
Be the first to advertise in Wangaratta Multicultural Directory!
We are developing wangaratta.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Wangaratta for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Multicultural Directory in Wangaratta?
Multicultural Organisations Around Wangaratta - Promoting Diversity and Unity
Victoria, Australia is a melting pot of different cultures, with people from different parts of the world coming together to work, live, and learn. The city of Wangaratta is no exception, with various organisations dedicated to promoting multiculturalism and celebrating diversity. Here are some of the multicultural organisations in and around Wangaratta:
1. Wangaratta Ethnic Communities Council - Established in 1993, the Wangaratta Ethnic Communities Council (WECC) is a non-profit organisation that supports the settlement, integration and wellbeing of new migrants, refugees and asylum seekers in the rural areas of Victoria. The WECC offers services such as English language classes, social events, and referrals to employment and welfare agencies. Contact: (03) 5721 2187
2. Multicultural Council of Wangaratta - The Multicultural Council of Wangaratta (MCW) is a community-based organisation that advocates for the rights and needs of culturally and linguistically diverse people living in the region. The MCW aims to promote harmony and respect among all cultural groups within Wangaratta and surrounding areas. Contact: (03) 5721 8155
3. Albury Wodonga Ethnic Communities Council - Located just across the border from Wangaratta, the Albury Wodonga Ethnic Communities Council (AWECC) is a not-for-profit organisation that caters to the cultural, social and economic needs of new migrants, refugees, and asylum seekers living in Albury Wodonga and surrounding areas. The AWECC offers information and referral services, community education programs, and cultural celebrations. Contact: (02) 6021 7433
4. Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE - The Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE (GOTAFE) is a vocational education provider that offers courses and training to students from diverse cultural backgrounds. GOTAFE has campuses in Wangaratta and other regional towns and offers courses in a wide range of areas, including hospitality, aged care, business management, and information technology. Contact: (03) 5723 0100
5. St. Patrick's Primary School Wangaratta - St. Patrick's Primary School Wangaratta is a Catholic co-educational primary school that welcomes students from multicultural backgrounds. The school has a dedicated student welfare program that caters to the social, emotional and academic needs of all students. St. Patrick's also celebrates cultural diversity through events such as Harmony Day. Contact: (03) 5722 1744
6. Latchford Barracks - Latchford Barracks is a historical site and museum that showcases the military and cultural history of the area. The barracks were originally built in the 1860s to house soldiers and were later used as a migrant hostel. Today, Latchford Barracks is open to the public and offers tours and educational programs for groups and schools. Contact: (03) 5722 1197
7. Wangaratta Performing Arts Centre - The Wangaratta Performing Arts Centre is a hub of cultural activity in the city, offering a diverse range of performances and events throughout the year. The centre showcases local and international talent in theatre, music, dance, and comedy. The Wangaratta Performing Arts Centre also hosts community events and workshops. Contact: (03) 5722 8105
All these organisations play a vital role in promoting multiculturalism and social cohesion within the Wangaratta community and beyond. They offer a range of services and activities that cater to the diverse needs and interests of people from different cultural backgrounds. They provide a platform for people to connect, share and celebrate their unique cultures and traditions while fostering unity and understanding.
Whether you are a new migrant looking to settle in the region, a student seeking education and training opportunities, or a member of the community interested in cultural events and experiences, these organisations offer something for everyone. Contact them today to find out how you can get involved and contribute to the rich and vibrant multicultural tapestry of the Wangaratta region.
Wangaratta Multicultural Articles